We're Hiring: 2x Back End Developers
April 14 2018
Team Liquid's roots are in community websites and wikis, and we are looking for two (2) back end developers to continue building our current and future web properties. The developers will work closely with our website team, our wiki team, and our Chief Technology Officer in Utrecht, NL.
Two (2) Back End Website Developers
Job Title: Back End Website Developer.
Type: Full Time.
Location: Utrecht, NL or Remote.
Reports to: Head of Websites, Head of Liquipedia, CTO.
A successful candidate is:
- Organized. Implementing systematic workflows and proper documentation are essential skills for our ideal candidate.
- Flexible. Our developer must be able to accommodate different time zones and work on simultaneous projects.
- Meticulous. The debugging and testing phases are crucial in web development, and our ideal candidate must be able to review as well as they write code.
- Able to adjust. Feedback is an important part of the development process, and our ideal candidate must be able to incorporate requests and suggestions from departments heads and qualified colleagues.
- A team player. As a global organization across many different continents, cultures, and games, our developers must be able to work with all staff who require their expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong experience in PHP development, both with and without application frameworks.
- Excellent understanding of secure coding practices and web security, including but not limited to SQL, Code Injection, XSS, CSRF, serialization attacks, and others.
- Excellent understanding of web performance and the use of correct database indices, caching layers, and other efficient methods.
- Knowledge of tools like composer, NPM, and others for dependency management.
- Familiarity with git version control.
- Experience with LESS, SASS, Python development with Django, bootstrap, and jQuery is a bonus but not required.
- Ability to relocate to Utrecht highly preferred, but remote positions will be considered.
- Maintain website back end usability and functionality.
- Manage all databases and develop necessary databases for future website features.
- Develop new features for current and future websites.
- Coordinate with front end developers to ensure compatibility and usability.
- Work with all website teams to conceptualize new features and websites.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line "Attn: Back End Website Developer Application".